Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Another Millennium Quilt Goes Home

My grandson Jeff is now old enough to treat his quilt with the care it deserves.
He was only 7 when I made it and he hardly remembered it.
image
Each of the Millennium quilts I made for my 8 grandchildren had 2000 different squares of fabric.
The blocks were similar but not identical. A lot of the fabrics came from trading with about 500 different people all around the world. I would stack 8 similar fabrics as I made the 25 patch blocks. If I was using my own fabrics then there would be 8 identical fabrics in a stack.
I then designed each one on my design wall in my studio. The borders are Jinny Beyer Millennium fabric. Each one had a different colored border, although some of the cousins had the same border as there were less than 8 different border fabrics.

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Jeff's Millennium quilt looks AWESOME!! I'm sure he's happy to have it (even if he didn't remember it.)

grammajudyb said...

Again, these quilts are stunning!

mangozz said...

I love this quilt! What a great job you did with design and color placement! I hope he appreciates it.