Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Olympic Quilt/Pillow 3…Another Gold Medal

image
When I started this I planned on making a small quilt. The center was a piece I layer painted and then thermofax screened. The borders were fabrics I had done layers of pattern on.
silk noil I used in pillow 2 2018
This is the fabric I used for the inner border.
silk noil 2 I used in pillow 2 2018
This is the fabric I used for the outer border.
When I got it to this size I realized the proportions didn’t work to use it as a quilt so I changed course and made it into a quilted pillow.
Olympic quilt pillow 3 before stuffing
You can see the quilting clearly in this picture of the top before it was sewn to the pillow back.
I wanted it to be firm so it would stand upright. I used a full pound of that non clumping polyester stuffing and it really is looking full and comfy.

I love it and I think it is the beginning of changing all the pillows in my great room over time.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Another favorite!!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lucky great room to be graced with such a beautiful piece of pillow art!!