Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Size Doesn’t Matter–The Colors Of My Life


The first 7 pieces were included in Jinny Beyers book “Color Confidence”. Even though these had no relationship to anything I learned from her, they illustrated color in ways she shared in her classes.
When a quilting catalog advertised her book they showed it open to a page with MY quilts.
I was impressed when I saw how great they looked even when reduced to less than one inch.
And now for today’s enjoyment I am sharing more.
image
This one is a tessellation.
image
Another tessellation.
image
You may have a hard time seeing the shape in this one but it IS a tessellation. I purposely played with color and value.
image
This one uses shading and a “cutout” reverse to create a striking design.
image
This is an intersecting fields of color. The very first one in the series was also an intersecting fields of color but the colors and values have a very different f;pw here.
Although there are still 5 more I haven’t shown I won’t be showing them unless a whole lot of you beg me to do another post with the remaining 5.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

Yes! More..more...more!!! Inquiring minds want to know or is it see! HA

Gina said...

I really like the second one here! Show five more; these are all beautiful.

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

yes more...these are so interesting to see!