Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The Smaller They Are, The Longer They Take To Finish

image
I started this miniature double Irish Chain quilt at least 20 years ago. It measures 11 x 11 inches.
I got ink on one border and took it off to replace it.
I replaced it and finished the quilting in the border a year ago.
The binding didn’t look good so I took it off.
It only took me until 366 days later to replace the binding. I am very pleased with it now.
image
Each of the tiny squares is 1/4 of an inch.
I actually quilted this one myself. I am sharing this closeup so you can see how tiny my quilting stitches were back then. They are so small I can’t even count them but I think they are between 20 and 24 stitches to an inch.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Wow...impressive...glad you took this last photo to give us a better perspective! Nicely done!

Funky's Mama said...

Bless you for sharing this! I always think I'm the worlds worst procrasinator, so I'm always happy to hear that I'm not the only one who struggles to finish things!