Monday, October 1, 2018

More Squares Aren’t Square Quilts

The responses to my previous post were so positive. I had many requests to see more of the quilts from this series. I present to you more quilts using commercial fabrics and squares.
image
This is the second quilt in the series and the only one that uses strips for part of it.
image
I used a layout similar to the previous one using squares and light colors rather than the black.
image
This quilt and the next are examples of showing how rules are not always true about how color works.
image
Same layout as previous quilt with the same colors used in different positions.
image
Remember the quilt I posted yesterday with the one dark square in the center? This is the exact same fabrics used in the opposing order.
I hope you are enjoying seeing more of the pieces from the show.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

This are really nice, Kay!!! How a simple design is enhanced by your choice of fabric(s)/colors!!! You're still my idol!

piecefulwendy said...

So many pretty quilts! Love seeing them!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Your quilts are outstanding! Thanks for sharing