Sunday, September 30, 2018

As Sally Used To Say “Squares Aren’t Square”!


Kay's Quilt Show 1-24-09 017
This is the quilt that unintentionally started my series “The Colors Of My Life”.
Kay's Quilt Show 1-24-09 011
Jared is now a sophomore in college but he was much younger when this show opened.
Kay's Quilt Show 1-24-09 006
One dark square makes a quilt complete.
Quilt another dimension plus gift shop 089
This was the first piece I designed on the wall of my then new studio.
Revisiting Quilts another Dimension 048
It’s ALMOST a tessellation. It needed the gray squares to make it work.
There are 20 pieces in this series and I love them all. I enjoyed playing with color, value, optical illusions and the third dimension in this series.
Nine years ago my show Quilts Of Another Dimension opened at Anderson Arts Center in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

2 comments:

anna hanks said...

thank you so much for the great inspiration. I struggle "seeing" my colors together.

piecefulwendy said...

So pretty! They absolutely glow! Thanks for sharing.