Sunday, November 18, 2018

Getting Ready For Christmas- But NOT At My House

I have spent time this past week getting Christmas decorations ready to give to my middle child.
image
Andy, Tina and Kendal came over to have lunch with me today at Toppers. We enjoyed the new menu.

image
As soon as we got back to the house they loaded these bins and the box into the truck. Then we went searching for more.
image
I remembered I had a lot of candles I never use anymore so we packed this box and I found all these votive holders to put the votive candles in,
image
You can see some more of the things they were able to take off my hands.
Yes, there was more but I didn’t take pictures of everything,
I am sure they are going to create some beautiful scenes with these things,
And I am glad to pass them on and have more empty space.

2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

This must feel good.....I used to decorate to the hilt for Christmas.....and now I have zero interest. Been slowly giving away anything that anyone will take..... With the 7+ month experience I just completed finding homes for my friend's quilting stash and everything else she collected sewing related over her life time, I realized I needed to do a better job of cleaning out my own unused things. I'm becoming ruthless and it feels great!! So nice your 'family' can use them!!

Robbie said...

It is nice to pass on those cherished items or items we just don't need/want/use anymore. I still have to decorate because Christmas is here every Christmas Eve....soon I'll be too old or not here...then the kids can clean it out! HA