Friday, November 16, 2018

New Quilt In Progress-Getting Interesting

image
I added pieced sections on each side of what has already been done. These were created for a vest I taught called Museum Vest. It was an original design. I made one complete vest and realized I didn’t need to complete another one. The colors were perfect for this composition I am creating and they were the perfect length. I only had to trim 2 inches from the bottom of each of them.
This is a totally new way for me to work to create a composition using vertical components.
I think I know what will come next but you will have to wait to see if it works.
It can be a challenge trying to work with units/blocks leftover from previous projects but it also is gratifying to be able to use them and make something beautiful.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Such a great post...gives us insight as to how you work and also gives your readers some good ideas!