Tuesday, March 19, 2019

I Love Our House



As I look at new and used furniture on line etc I see some really lovely pieces for great prices.
Yet there is almost nothing in this house I would consider giving up.



Like this wall unit most every thing in this house has a story and some of the stories take a long time to tell!


Everything is either pieces we collected years ago, our old junk furniture we didn't throw away or family things which have sentimental value rather than monetary value.
bedroomjuliechestedit
Even small things like accessories make me think of where they came from years ago or over 10 years.
image
About the only things we have purchased recently are a few things people in our community were selling at give away prices.

Yet the house never looks static as I love to move things around, especially accessories.

I have also personalized it with quilts and other accessories I have made. There is at least one thing I created in each picture.

Some of these pictures are what the house looked like a few years ago and some are recent.

To me decorating is an ever evolving activity.

Our home is where we live, work and enjoy sharing it with friends.

I am not telling the stories with words on this post but just sharing some views over the years.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Wow- love your decorating. I'm intrigued that you change things around. I usually place things and there they stay til I move.