Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Quilts From Double Ombre Fabric

I designed a vest pattern and couldn't find anyone to dye the fabric for me so I dyed yards of it myself. I realized it would make great quilts and so these are some of the ones I created.

I didn't think anyone could use a quilt made from these colors. Imagine my surprise when it was perfect in my parlor!

I was able to come up with a easy way to cut and piece this optical illusion quilt

I did reverse shading with the pinks and grays on this strippy 9 patch quilt. The outer borders on this quilt allow you to see what the double ombre fabric looks like, although it is 45 inches wide, rather than a strip of this width.


I used the origami bow tie technique to make this quilt. I also did reverse shading of the colors. The borders also took advantage of the shading of the fabric.

Each length of fabric I dyed also had a mottled piece of the same color to use for binding.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I love your use of ombre fabrics- I have used them to create lovely quillts. I can't find any info on origami 9 patch technique other than 3-d folded flowers. Where can I find info on it.