Friday, March 15, 2019

Some Of My Traditional Quilts

I call this quilt Amish Pathways. It is a one patch quilt design. It is a simple quilt I designed that could be pieced in almost no time. It relies on a great color combination. It is in a private collection. I designed the quilting pattern to give it texture and direction. It is hand quilted.
There is nothing more traditional than a log cabin quilt. As I made quilts I cut the leftovers into strips and made this when I had enough strips. It was a labor of lover and as I created it my thoughts went to the similarities and differences to myself and my grandmother.

The Double Wedding quilt is another one of the most popular traditional patterns. I used non traditional colors for this one, influenced by a rug that was made in Peru. Like the 2 previous quilts it also was hand quilted.

No comments: