Thursday, August 13, 2015

Throw Back Thursday’s

I often post TBT’s on Facebook.

The problem with that is my blogging followers don’t get to see them. I am going to go back to some of the most recent ones and share them here.

Kay Koeper Sorensen's photo.

TBT - This picture was taken in 1943 or 1944. The man is our Uncle Charles Koeper who was in the Navy and home on leave. I am on the left, Karen Koeper is sitting on Uncle Charlie's lap, and Mary Rehorst is on the right.

TBT! My 7th birthday party! I am including names as I remember them...no names on the back of the photo. names are left to right, not by rows.
Me, Rosemary Jacobsen, Patsy Freese, Karen Koeper,Georgia Bengtsen, Doris Krofta, Sandra Roberts and Marlene Nadler. I take no responsibility for spelling. — with
Rosemary Jacobsen, Karen Koeper, Patsy Freese, Georgia Bengtsen, Doris Krofta, Sandra Roberts and Marlene Nadler.

Kay Koeper Sorensen's photo.

TGT....My lifelong habit of keeping records of what I made started way back in 4H!
One of my visitors yesterday asked questions about how I started my sewing/dyeing journey and this is one piece of the puzzle.
This is just 1 of 18 pages in this little handmade booklet.
I think the prices are one of the most interesting things.
I also have used many of the scraps from the fabrics in this book in two of my first quilts completed in 1962!

Kay Koeper Sorensen's photo.

TBT I'm guessing this was about 1951..
Left to right: Marilyn Servis,?,Carol Koeper, Sandra Roberts, Connie Koeper, Billy Koeper, Karen Koeper

“They” say a picture is worth a thousand words and I am so glad to have these pictures to bring back memories from long ago!

4 comments:

mpv61 said...

Thank you for sharing these with us!

The Inside Stori said...

We lost ALL of our pictures/year books/albums due to a flooded basement years ago……..treasure and keep yours safe!!

Elizabeth Rivera said...

Wow, you would even keep a project list of the fabric price and yardage. That is amazing. The pics are just precious. Thanks for sharing.

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Gosh, the pictures are wonderful...How much I remember and still love saddle shoes!