Saturday, March 5, 2016

A Wonderful Visit

image
Today I had a late afternoon visit from a friend I hadn’t seen in at least 12 years. Jean Sands and I met at Hilton Head Island at the Jinny Beyer Quilting Seminar. We both attended it for many years. Her Mom lives in the area and she visits her often.
She brought some of the things she has been working on and I was so impressed. It was interesting to me to see how even though our work is very different, we each have a similar process we go through as we create.
The love of fabric, fibers, designing, creating and figuring out the best way to do something are traits she both share. I would say we both love to figure things out and are quite analytical in our approach. We each also are intent on creating a pleasing well designed and long lasting end item.
She also enjoys collecting and using antique and vintage laces, trim, buttons and linens. I do too. There the the similarity stops! She uses hers and makes many lovely items while mine sit in boxes in my studio. She shares her work as well as her journey creating her pieces on her blog. Her blog is: http://frenchoddities.blogspot.com/2015/12/no-matter-where-you-go-there-you-are.html
Don't you just love the title of her blog!
I think if you have any interest in looking at or creating with fabric, fibers, and/or antique textiles you will adore her blog. I spent quite some time on it tonight catching up on the earlier years from her blog and I found them every bit as interesting as her current work.
I am so happy I have lived a life that has allowed me to meet so many interesting and wonderful people and to reconnect with so many of them.

No comments: