Friday, September 7, 2018

Millennium Quilt 8 Went Home With Kierstin

image
I had been the custodian of 4 of the grandchildren’s quilts I made.
Kierstin was so young when she received it she doesn’t even remember the quilt nor the party we had with the 4 local grandchildren.
image
Here she is taking a swing at the Millennium piñata. She was not feeling good that night but she made it up to see the New Year in both in New York and locally on TV. She was so excited as there were fireworks on the TV and looking out the doors the neighbors were also shooting them off.
My hope is that each one of the grandchildren treasure their quilts as an heirloom and they are able to someday pass them on to their grandchildren and beyond.
Each one is king size and uses 2000 different fabrics. I made one for each of the 8 grandchildren.
All the other grandchildren have theirs already.

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

Your art is a wonderful legacy to leave your family but these Millennium quilts are SUPER. I collect fabric as though I put 2000 fabrics in every quilt but you actually DO.