Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Reversible Quilt By Accident!

I love to put a beautiful back on a quilt.
The back on this quilt was really an accident.
I had a limited amount of the Pointillist Palette fabric from Lunn Fabrics.
After piecing the front of the quilt (below), I cut the remaining fabric into bias strips for my binding using every last bit of the fabric.

I was ready to decide on a backing and saw all those leftover strips. I laid them out, sewed them together and was able to piece enough for the back. I was extremely pleased with the back, almost more so than the front.
After I sewed them together I realized I had used by binding fabric.


I decided at this point to make it a reversible quilt and carefully cut the back so I had a casing that lined up with the back of the quilt.

I bound the quilt with a black on black print.

It can be hung so that you can see both sides.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Neat quilt! I still have some of the Pointillist palette fabrics. Maybe I should make a backing out of them.

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

I absolutely love this quilt! I am envious that you have all that pointillist fabric!! Thanks for posting this quilt!

Cathy Perlmutter said...

So cool! Thanks for sharing this reversible masterpiece!

Funky Diva said...

Kay, this is a beautiful quilt. Both sides are great.