I love to put a beautiful back on a quilt.
The back on this quilt was really an accident.
I had a limited amount of the Pointillist Palette fabric from Lunn Fabrics.
After piecing the front of the quilt (below), I cut the remaining fabric into bias strips for my binding using every last bit of the fabric.
I was ready to decide on a backing and saw all those leftover strips. I laid them out, sewed them together and was able to piece enough for the back. I was extremely pleased with the back, almost more so than the front.
After I sewed them together I realized I had used by binding fabric.
I decided at this point to make it a reversible quilt and carefully cut the back so I had a casing that lined up with the back of the quilt.
I bound the quilt with a black on black print.
It can be hung so that you can see both sides.