Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Licensed to Quilt

I have had my current license plates on my car for almost 30 years.
Wisconsin just started giving out vanity plates at that time.
I took my 16 year old son in for his driving test and while he was being tested I said I was going to sign up for this plate.
He said "If you have put that on your car, I'm not going to drive it."
Of course I said that was OK and since he didn't have a car he thought he'd drive Dad's.
Wrong!
He used my car in spite of the license plate.

These are 2 of my old plates.
Fast forward about 10 years and I thought maybe I could get a similar plate for our van. I couldn't believe my luck when I was able to get QU1LTS for it. That plate is now on my Florida car.
It's been a fun set of license plates to have.
So what does someone with a license to quilt make?

This quilt was one I made some time ago. I still love it. The title is Sangria.
Choosing titles for my quilts is always a challenge for me. I grabbed the only book around, Old Mr Boston's Bartender's Guide and found a name that suited it.

I'm also including another puzzle since so many of you are enjoying doing them.
Click to Mix and Solve
Another fun cut and another easy one. Enjoy

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute story about the license plates - wonder if you DS ever got teased about that?
Neat quilt, did you start that out with a log cabin type of block and then slice and dice?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Judi said...

I love the plate but I'm sure my dh wouldn't let me do that. I'm still enjoying the puzzles this one was 2:32. Judi