Sunday, July 19, 2009

Is there really a Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow?


Some Kind Of Rainbow is a quilt I created for a class I taught called "Quick Kids Quilts"
The navy fabric is fine quality piece of Cotton Sateen. The rainbow colors are all plain unpolished cotton. This creates a texture variation making it a much more interesting quilt.
The cutting and piecing was something I accomplished in an afternoon.
Deciding how to quilt this took a little longer. The quilting is really just 4 simple arcs but the way they twist and turn is what makes this special.


You may or may not be able to see the quilting stitches when you click on this to enlarge it. That is because each section is quilted with matching thread. At the time I made this you just didn't quilt a quilt with more than one color of thread. I guess I've always been somewhat of a maverick in my sewing and quilting.

Some Kind Of Rainbow is your puzzle tonight.
Click to Mix and Solve

3 comments:

Marty Mason said...

Wow....those arcs must have been tedious to stop and start so many times. It's a wonderful little rainbow. Glad you shared it.

Dolores said...

I love rainbow colours and the navy sets off the colours so nicely. I have another question: What do you use to mark your quilting lines?

Gayle Bong said...

Wowee, Just love rainbows. Ever since I saw the gold at the end of a real rainbow. But it wasn't in a pot!
Great arcs. Is this hand or machine quilted?