Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Have You Seen The Light(s)?


I lined the driveway with baskets of ornaments. In the bottom of each basket there is a cluster of lights. On top of that I heaped various ornaments with one huge ornament in each basket.



Tonight was the pre-tour for the Garden Club Christmas Home Tour. This was for the homeowners who are showing their homes and all the volunteers who are making this possible.

It was so much fun to see the other homes. Each one was so different than the others. There was a great deal of creativity that went into all of them. It was obvious that there were some extremely talented designers among the homeowners. Photographs were not allowed so you will just have to take my word for it.



I have shown this quilt several times. Here you see it with the purple Christmas tree with the magenta, lime green and black ornaments. On the floor are my cowboy boots filled with holly. Just about everyone who came in stopped at the quilt to admire it and ask questions.



Here is a closeup of one pair of boots.

5 comments:

Dolores said...

That's a great idea - lining the driveway with lights. I can see why people stopped to admire the quilt.

Eva said...

Those boots are wonderful!

Mary Stori said...

I'm getting the Christmas spirit via your postings......no decorating for me this Xmas.....no company coming our way and I start my first teaching trip for 2011 on Jan. 3rd. (Those are my excuses!)....Thanks for sharing your creativity!

sherry peterson said...

I have enjoyed your blog for so long and it is time to say you just made my bells jingle. You are welcome to come to my house to decorate any

Wen said...

Lovely and creative.
Warmth to you and yours!