Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Improv 1

image

I had a lot of white silk faille strips of various widths. I decided to piece an improvisational quilt with them.

I had originally intended to paint this after I pieced it. I liked the look of the resulting work with the seams showing.

I thought about it and decided to quilt it instead.

I quilted it and am not sure I am done quilting yet so I’m not showing the quilting yet.

It reminds me of an old quilt made as a utility quilt from left over strips of cotton or muslin.

It also has the look of a quilt from the new Modern Quilt movement.

Making an all white quilt is something new for me. I am really enjoying the process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your all white quilt. It's such a strong statement. It does look ultra modern and like something from a past era all at once.

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Thanks. Stay tuned as the finished quilt will be posted on my blog early this next week.