I decided this Improv quilt could be improved with a little color so I did some quilting in red and also in black. It worked.
This photo is before I trimmed the edges and added the facings.
It’s done and I do like this. The quilting on each strip of the white was done with a zig zag.
The colored quilting just begged me to do it! It too is improvisational and irregular.
I left one small section of the quilt unquilted for contrast.
The design is minimal and clean.
This white silk faille was my inspiration for this quilt.
This could be hung on an all white wall, adding another dimension - texture and subtle pattern.
It could also work on a colored wall and the contrast would be very striking.
It is 29 inches wide and 37 inches high.