Friday, April 12, 2013

A Little Trip South

I left on Monday to visit long time friends Sharon and Fred.

image

They are the kind of friends who even if it’s been a while since you’ve see them, you can pick up right where you left off.

We had a lot of catching up to do as it has been 2 or 3 years since we had seen each other.

image

On Tuesday we took a boat trip in Naples. This is one of the mansions we saw. Sharon is a great activity planner and we have been on so many boat trips with them.

image

Another home on the water – each one seemed to be bigger than the last one!

image

I loved these two BIG old trees in this yard. I don’t know what they were. They were the largest trees I observed along the water.

NOTE: I got the answer from Sharon. They are Banyan trees.

image

I was amazed by the amount of construction that was going on in this area. I guess  people who can afford 50 million plus homes have not been hit by the current recession.

Normally the boat trip does not venture out into the Gulf of Mexico. Since it was so calm we were able to head into the Gulf for a while.

image

As we headed into the Gulf these rocks were a gathering place for pelicans.

image

When we were in the Gulf we could see Marco Island which was 10 miles away- can you see the buildings?

We finished our visit to Naples with lunch at The Boat House restaurant on the water. The coconut shrimp Sharon and I both had were indeed giant – as they were described on the menu! They were the best coconut shrimp I’ve ever had and I order them often.

I’m looking forward to the next time we get together.

No comments: