Tuesday, April 30, 2013

ORANGE!!! It’s The New Go With Everything Color

image

It is so much fun making my amulets as I get to work with just about every color. All of these have orange in various shades and amounts.

I also get to put unexpected colors together.

image

Now you can see the same amulets against a white background.

I get to work with colors I haven’t worked a lot with.

I get to put unique shapes and canes together.

It is a creative outlet and while it takes some time to make each one, it is still quicker than making a quilt.

Many of the same design principles apply.

3 comments:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

I LOVE the top center amulet in the bottom photo! I don't have a clue how you are making these, but they are wonderful!

The Inside Stori said...

Really Kay....orange is only a step away from those colors I recall seeing you wear the most......rusts/browns to highlight the beauty of your hair color..... You must be feeling the familiar!

Robbie said...

Oh YUM!!! These look great!!! I still have mine and my friend still has hers!!!! Love the colors!!!