I shared the finished work with you on my last blog post.
I think some of you might be interested in following the journey to the completed work.
These pictures are not necessarily in the order they happened.
I wanted to use those 3 rectangles that shade from purple to turquoise to green. They did make the final cut.
I also wanted to use that limey green long narrow piece on the top right. It didn’t play well with the other fabrics no matter where I put it or no matter what other greens I added.
A very simple composition – too simple
More yellowy greens in this one.
Changing proportions and fabrics.
Trying again to use than long narrow rectangle of limey green.
These are not even half of the things I tried but it gives you an idea of how I make the journey from start to finish.
Of course after I make the final decision I still need to sew it together, quilt it and finish it.