Monday, November 17, 2014

Rolling Poles For Arashi Shibori

I roll a few poles as time permits and when I have either used all my poles or feel like I really need to see what is going to happen to these fabrics I do the dyeing.
Sometimes I spend a few weeks rolling poles and then immerse them in the vats of dye all in one day.
rollingshiboripolesforblog
These don’t look like much right now. I am currently working with fabrics that have either been painted or dyed previously at least one time. I know all of these need at least one more layer of color.  Most of these are cotton but there are also some silks.
I put several fabrics on a pole if I know they will go into the same color dye pot.
It’s always fun to see the results.
I also expect I’ll be doing some ice dyeing soon.

4 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

I'll bet your 'leftover' pieces that you want to add more layers of color would be anyone else's perfect ending already!!

The Inside Stori said...

One more thing.....how 'bout dem PACKERS!!!!!

Createology said...

How fun to see the reveal after you dye them. Creative Shibori Bliss..

Robbie said...

HOW ABOUT THOSE LIONS!!! UGH!!!!!!