Friday, November 21, 2014

Scrappy Socks

image

I just finished another pair of socks. I decided it might be fun to use some of the leftovers from other pairs of socks.

I don’t make my legs of my socks as long as most people do so I always have a lot left.

I completely used up the leftovers from 4 pair and started on the 5th with the blue.

I am not really excited about them as I thought I would be.

I have enough sock yarn for maybe 20 or more pair so why am I using leftovers? Beats me!

I am going to see if I can come up with some other way to use leftover sock yarns.

I’m ready to knit another pair that is ALL one color!

5 comments:

Quiltlady said...

Those socks are very cheerful and would brighten anyone's day!

Jannette said...

When I have small amounts of sock yarn leftover, I knit some of these mitten ornaments: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mini-mitten-ornaments

Dar said...

I think your leftover yarn socks are just great! Wish I had enough left over from my pairs to do that! I almost run out at the foot because by legs are longer than normal. It's good not to waste that precious sock yarn, so this appeals to me very much.

Ramona said...

What fun socks! I have lots of left over sock yarn, too... you've inspired me! They look very festive in the pictures.

Gari in AL said...

I love your socks, they are the kind I want to make. And I, too, like the legs of my socks to be short, much like a sport sock. These socks will make great Christmas socks.