Sunday, September 13, 2009

Color famiies revisited in grayscale


This is the sky color family you saw two posts ago. I converted it to grayscale so you can see the comparisons of lights, mediums and darks.

It didn't come up exactly as I had expected in the light, medium and dark comparison.

There are many more saturated medium and dark colors. I now realize that happened because as each page of samples progressed the colors have a greater percent of dye in them.



These are the color families from last night's blog. There seems to be less variation in value in them. I would think I can attribute that to the fact that the primary colors used in this family are darker.

I am working on pasting up the last color family and hope to be able to share more with you very soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this one as soon as it came into view. The best way to see colour is without colour ......... so the light/dark contrasts, or lack if them, can be seen.
Judy B