Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jan Myers Newbury Class Results - continued

I had hoped to post these results from the class sooner.
I did not have internet access while I traveled after the class.
On arriving in Florida I was told my ISP might not be able to furnish service this year.
What a relief when I finally got service two days ago.
It took another day before I got phone service.
Then my computer started acting up and at 1 a.m. today I was on the phone with my son and he was able to tell me what to do to solve the problem.
I hope this is the happy ending to this story for a long, long time!

Since it has been almost two weeks since our class ended I am going to do my best to share some work by others in the class and hope I get things correct.


This is Kathy Alles's final design project. Her fabrics had such great textures and design they didn't need small pieces to create a strong graphic image. She produced a lot of really interesting unique work in the short span of the 4 days we dyed fabric.



I LOVE the colors and patterns in the fabrics Brenda Jennings created. This is her composition for her final project. A very valuable learning experience in this class was Jan's help with composition and design.


This is Brenda's composition after it had been reworked with Jan's assistance and the cutting of a few pieces of her fabric.


This is Desha's composition. Her fabrics have an awesome detail that was quite labor intensive to create. This is a very elegant rich composition.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Love the textures obtained with dyes.
Puzzles please?

Marion said...

I'm loving these posts from your workshop with Jan. The fabric textures are really incredible!