Monday, November 28, 2011

Potato Chip Quilt 2

When I finished the first Potato Chip quilt I knew I wanted to do another but with a different twist.

Yes, it is addictive and while I was making it I also ATE potato chips!!!!!!
I would portion out a small amount of chips in a bowl, eat them and continue with what I was doing.

The biggest problem was just like potato chips you can't eat just ONE (bowl) so I had about 3 bowls while finishing the piecing yesterday. fortunately it was only a small bowl!



It is hanging on my design wall while I decide how I want to quilt it. I like a quilt to incubate while I decide the BEST way to quilt it. I don't rush this process. However when I have made the decision I want to do the quilting ASAP!


It does not look at all like the other one, but the overall technique was the same. I'll share how I created it in a later post.

4 comments:

Mary Stori said...

Love it Kay!! The more I see of simple patch style quilts, the more I like them. Naturally your color choices, as always, are perfect.

Anonymous said...

I like the potato chip quilt as you first made it..... and now I like the potato chip quilt as you second made it.... so will be looking for how to make it and I will make the third one! Really this quilt could be made again and again and again..... I have been digging in the stash --- way back there in the coloset and you know.... I have plenty of fabric I like and have forgotten about and am ready to sew'em up.....

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cool! I haven't worked at all with solids, but I like this look.

Jo said...

I can see that it would be addicting. I love scrappy quilts.