Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Potato Chip Quilt 2 - Process

I basically used the same process to create this as I did for the original Potato Chip Quilt or Sunrise - Sunset Quilt.
You can find the original tutorial here:

http://quiltspluscolor.blogspot.com/2011/04/sunrise-sunset-quilt-tutorial.html

This is a brief picture story of how I created Potato Chip Quilt 2.


I started with these fabrics which were already cut into small pieces and were 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide.


I sewed them all together in one long strip, alternating the colored pieces with the black/gray pieces.


I then sewed the long strip together aligning the two ends.


Seam 2 was sewn by folding the ends to meet and stitching them together.


Seam 3 was done the same way.


Seam 4 created this finished top.

It you can't follow this brief explanation of this quilt, refer to the original directions and it should all make sense.

I'd love to see the quilt you create with either the original tutorial or these brief step by step pictures.