Friday, April 24, 2015

Dyeing Layers Again….Is It Done Yet…..First Change

image
Thanks to the 500 of you who viewed this and made many comments about it.
Yesterday I painted the entire piece with soda ash which toned it down a tiny bit. It also is slightly blurred. The original piece had some dyes that weren’t “fixed” with soda ash.
This is what it looked like the first time I posted it:
image
I am guessing you won’t see much of a difference although some of the colors aren’t quite as bright and the white is slightly toned down.
It is currently being soaked and rinsed to remove all the soda ash. Then it will be washed with my 205 degree water temperature and blue Dawn.
It will be interesting to see what happens when I do that.
Stay tuned to this channel!!!
In case you don’t know you can add your email address to the space for it on the right of this page and you will receive a notification each time I post something.

1 comment:

The Inside Stori said...

I'm only a sometimes dyer....always done as a group effort with my pals as I don't have the appropriate space to dye at my home.

Wondering if you'd be kind enough to explain the reasoning behind rinsing in 205 degree water (with dawn). Rinsing I get....haven't heard about this specific temperature.