Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Overcoming Sensory Overload

Yesterday I shared photos of my studio/great room on this blog.

I don’t need the experience of living with the fabrics too long to become one with them.

The scene in the great room is calmer now, if you can call my decorating style calm!

image

I’ve moved the fabrics you’ve seen and some you haven’t seen to the bed in the guest room.

My eyes need a rest occasionally so I can process what I have seen and decide where to go next.

image

I’ve put some of the recently dyed fabrics on the design wall for a possible composition.

I did this several days ago and I am growing to like it. Sometimes we need to walk away for a while to see things in a new artistic light.

I have a feeling I am going to be sewing these pieces together like this. I will have to do some trimming to make everything fit.