Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Love Doing Free Motion Quilting!

image
I am on the home stretch with this quilt. I really enjoy doing free motion quilting. I never use a pattern and just let the stitches flow as I work. Most of the time I have no idea what I will do until the needle takes the first stitch. That is when the electric needle and I become one to create a design that complements the quilt.
I am using a little different method that I’ve ever done before with my machine. I unplugged the foot control and I am using the button on the front of my machine that lets me start and stop the stitching by pressing it. It allows me to sit evenly at the machine, rather than leaning to one side while using the foot control. I do need to anticipate where I will stop so I can get one hand off the quilt and ready to press the button. So far, so good.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Too much multi tasking for me! HA Clever idea on the sewing....