Wednesday, February 17, 2016

We Interrupt This Quilt’s Story To Bring You Glorious Quilting

image
This is some of the most gorgeous machine quilting I have ever seen. It is free motion quilted on a domestic machine. This is the front of the bag. I did not make this.
image
This is the back of the bag, every bit as beautiful as the front. This arrived in my mail today from an artist in South Africa I commissioned to make this for me. I could not be happier than I am with it. The bag is made from denim. I am guessing from jeans that are still in great shape from the look of the pockets. It has a zipper closing at the top, faux leather handles and a pocket inside. The size will be perfect as I can put a lot in it but it won’t be heavy.
This is her website:
http://www.ladyjanequilting.co.za She also has a Facebook group: LADY JANE QUILTING SHOP

1 comment:

Windy Hill Happenings said...

Such beautiful work...She has mastered the art of machine quilting and I love that it's made of denim!