Saturday, May 13, 2017

What Did You Picture My Dyeing Studio Looked Like?

IMG_2147
There is nothing fancy about my dye studio. It is in my garage and uses the work bench area and a table I have covered with a plastic table cloth.
On an adjacent wall there is a laundry sink which I use for water and the rinse out process.
It took a while to figure out where to dye but now it is second nature. I also have some other stuff on the shelves across from here which are used occasionally.
I do make some adaptations depending on what kind of dyeing I am doing.
In this photo I have several containers batching ice dyed fabrics and I believe between them they contain about 7 pieces of fabric of various sizes and various manipulations.
And I can do all of this without taking the car out of the garage.

2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

It’s always fun to see spaces were we work. You are so fortunate to have a laundry tub nearby……it’s one of the things I’m still trying to figure out how to add to our house…..somewhere, anywhere. Due to our winter weather (mild by Wisconsin standards) our garage is not an option!

Robbie said...

I didn't realize you left your car in the garage while you dyed! I'm not that careful! HA