Thursday, January 27, 2011

I just finished my 353rd quilt!

I keep a record on Excel of all the quilts I have finished, as well as all my works in progress.
When I added this as my first quilt I finished in 2011 last night I was surprised to see I did not finish even one quilt in 2010. I worked on a lot of quilts and created a lot of fabrics with paints and dyes.
That is the first year in over 30 years I haven't finished even one quilt.



This is a baby quilt and it uses Beatrix Potter collector hankies for the blocks.



Here is "Mom" looking at the quilt after she opened it.


And here is the owner of the quilt who was 3 months old today with her great grandmother.
I hope she will use the quilt, lay on it, play with it, build forts with it and love it enough to wear it out. There are many kinds of quilts. I usually make art/wall quilts but this is one meant to be used and I hope she will become attached to it.

1 comment:

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Just adorable! Both of you! :)
I have never kept track of how many quilts I have made. Maybe that is a good thing????