Monday, January 3, 2011

Siblings Who Lunch

Last week my brother and sister in law took me out for lunch.
We went to Mangia Trattoria in Kenosha.
From start to finish it was one of the very best lunches I have ever had.


Bill had GAMBERI AL SAMBUCA~ Wood burning oven roasted spicy shrimp flamed with Sambuca
Had I been a little more alert I could have photographed it while the waiter was flaming it. He shared one of his shrimp with me and it was fantastic.



Mary had a favorite of hers, PANINO DI POLLO ~ Diced chicken breast with mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, caramelized onions and basil on grilled Tuscan bread



I had GNOCCHETTI CON STRACOTTA D’AGNELLO ~ Braised lamb with onions, garlic, tomato red wine sauce and topped with goat cheese
It was out of this world. The portion was so generous I took half of it home and enjoyed an early dinner as I couldn't wait to eat it again.

We all enjoyed Dolci della Stagione ~ Apple crumble, cranberries, chopped walnuts, vanilla gelato and caramel for dessert. I didn't get a photo of that, but I hope you can imagine how delicious it was.

Mary, you now have a second chance to enjoy your lunch as you work this puzzle of it!
Click to Mix and Solve

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Oh wow -- that food looks so tasty! Kenosha, huh? I live in Wis -- so that isn't too far away... I'll have to find my way out there.