Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Playing With Dyed Fabrics

image

One way I can be inspired to make interesting work is by playing with my fabrics.

image

Playing and arranging fabrics in these somewhat haphazard ways can often give me ideas and combinations I would have never thought about before.

image

I can see fabrics that would work well together that I would never have considered putting together.

If you look at these you might think I worked with a somewhat limited palette of dye colors. In reality nothing could be farther from the truth.

I had close to 50 different colors of dye in my palette as I had all the dyes a friend gave me, as well as the dyes I already had.

I’d better get moving along on finishing some of those works in progress so I can create new work!

These are not all the fabrics I dyed this season, just the majority of them.

No comments: