Thursday, July 2, 2015

Another Quilt Without A Name Is Finished

image

I’m quite pleased with this quilt. Although the piecing is simple, it didn’t happen quickly.

All of these fabrics have 2-5 layers of pattern on them. Some of them began their journey 25 years ago.

A lot has changed in the way I dye fabrics in the interim.

Interestingly enough they all reached perfection in the same dye pot…something that has never happened before.

Almost all the quilts I have been finishing recently are faced, rather than finished with a binding. It takes more fabric and more time. I do whatever works best for the piece I am working on. I find I am even getting better results with my facings than I did a few years ago. It’s all in the method and way I handle the layers of fabric. The corners are the greatest challenge.

Now all I have to do is name this.

3 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Simplicity, with min. number of pieces is often more difficult to do well! AND….you succeeded…..

Robbie said...

And pleased you should be about this piece!!!

Windy Hill Happenings said...

It is simple and beautiful in the way you combined the fabrics...fabric with that much energy is hard to work with and you did a wonderful job!