Thursday, July 30, 2015

Reupholstering Dining Room Chairs


I just finished reupholstering the seat of the first of four dining room chairs.

I was bound determined NOT to buy any fabric to cover them. I knew I had to have something that would work.

I found just enough of this fabric in an obscure bin on a top shelf.

I felt the room needed a little more green so this had just enough.


This was the original covering. These were “new to me” chairs I purchased on eBay.

The covering was slightly soiled so I decided to recover them.

The fabric I used was a lightweight linen fabric. Dining room chairs don’t get a lot of wear and tear so this should be just fine.

Amazing what one can do with a staple gun and a hammer to hammer in the staples that are sticking out.

1 comment:

The Inside Stori said...

Kay…..your talents never fail to amaze me!!!