Sunday, November 22, 2015

Antique Quilts Brought Us Together

On Saturday I ventured out to Crystal River to see some antique quilts.

image

I had lunch with Carol Williamson and Kathy Metelica Cray.

It took me over 45 minutes to find the quilt shop even though I rode past it at least a dozen times.

By that time they had left for lunch and the people in the store had no idea where they went. Thankfully one alert customer had heard them talking and I found them.

I had not met either of them before but another quilting BFF put us in touch with each other.

After lunch we headed back to the quilt shop for Kathy’s presentation. She showed 16 fine antique quilts from the 1800’s and 2 from the 1900’s

image

Most of them were totally hand done. With the fine work on these quilts she shared the fact that they had to have been done my ladies of leisure.

image

Even some of the quilts done with the simplest piecing had so my many wonderful details in them.

I am not going to share more of the quilts with you.

If you are anywhere near Ocala, Florida Kathy will be presenting again on Saturday December 12th.

This will be at Tomorrow’s Treasures at 10 a.m. and again at 1 p.m.

Jasmine Square

6122 SW State Road 200,
Ocala, Florida  34476

You will be so happy I told you about this.

Not only does she show the quilts but she is a wealth of information about them.

image

Our mutual friend Teddy Pruett showed up in time for the presentation and we had a little time to visit before and after.

I decided I should head for home and drove through some driving rain, at times making it difficult to see. I had hoped to stop at Simply Seafood in Dunnellon to pick up some things but all I wanted to do was get home and out of the weather.

It was a fantastic day. Not only did I see some amazing antique quilts, I made two new friends and got to see my BFF Teddy!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Sounds like a great day! Dang...I'll miss the quilts...they are right around the corner from where we winter! I go to that shop often...especially for my sewing machine to have 'her spa day'!