Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Twelve Days Of Thanksgiving….Day Five

I have another trio of friends I am so thankful for.

They are the ones I call First Friends!

They all live near me in Florida and they all are special to me.

image_thumb6

Left to right:

You have seen Donna Dempsey Lee before.

She was the first of my first friends as she was my first room mate in college.

Sally Rue was the first person I met when we moved to Ohio 50 some years ago.

I still remember her walking across the street to welcome me to the community.

We had many happy times in Ohio, but we each moved away. As so often happens we lost track of each other.

About 5 years ago I found her living 15 miles from me in Florida. We now keep in close touch and if you hear me talk about my Florida family it is because her family has welcomed me into their family.

Jean Antes was the first person I met when we moved back to Wisconsin from Ohio. She is one of those people I never lost track of.

We now get to spend more time together as we live 6 miles from each other.  She also is one who welcomed us into a group of friends I call The Village People.

The picture was taken when I invited all three of my first friends to my house for lunch.

It was so much fun. You would have thought they all knew each other forever as everyone hit it off and talked like they were long time friends.

No comments: