Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Mandala With Layers Of Ice Dye

Mandaladullredyedafter
When I dyed this the first time the colors looked washed out. I decided it was worth a try to dye it a second time and I saved it.
mandaladullIredyed
This is what it looked like before I redyed it. The center was pale and weak.
If you look closely not only are the colors more vibrant but there is a pattern in the center that wasn’t there the first time.
That is one of the wonderful things about dyeing fabric. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.
And when you try again you may find “Love is lovlier, the second time around!”

2 comments:

Lynda Thompson said...

I prefer the lighter one. Each person has their own view. Your designs are beautiful.

Judy from Northport said...

I never thought about over dyeing a mandala. Genius!