Friday, December 25, 2009

Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.


He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

Santa's pack is full of special things just for me!

The fur is from my mother's mink stole.
The stole lining is his underdress.
The attention to detail is amazing.

Make sure to click on this photo to see the details in a larger view.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Your Santa is beautiful. What a great memory of your mother by using her stole. Merry Christmas.

Robin Bowen said...

Any chance of finding out who did them for you? I too have a jacket that my sibs and I would love to see as Santas... or maybe all the g'kids... thanks!