Monday, June 20, 2011

Design Wall In Use


I am fortunate to have almost 30 linear feet of movable design wall space. You can click on the photo to get a larger image.

I use the entire 30 feet at times.

This is what I currently have on the wall.

Most of these are things I have shown you before, but this gives you a better idea of how I work.

I have work that I am designing, work ready to be quilted, work that is quilted and ready to finish as well as finished work. I also have some swatches of fabric that I am considering using either in the work on the wall, or as the inspiration for new work.

Sometimes you can see a relationship between all the pieces on the wall, and sometimes you see something that has no relationship at all to anything else. Often that is the starting point for a new direction in my work.

I also often take something off the wall when I am not ready to finish it and it apppears again days, weeks, months or even years later to be finished.

1 comment:

Nina Marie said...

Ohhh I really like what you've been working on - but I especially like the first - it really grabbed me!