Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Little Bit Crazy And a Little Bit Rock And Roll - Finished

I am so pleased this quilt is finished. It was a challenge to come up with a way to finish this so that it would hang properly.

I quilted it through the quilt, batting and a heavy decorator fabric for the backing.
I still didn't feel that was enough to hold the shape and allow me to finish the edge with a zigzag stitch.

I decided to add a layer of fusible Peltex to the back and another layer of the decorator fabric.

This worked well and I was able to finish the edge with the same thread I had used to quilt it.

Finishing the top required a little bit of thought and ingenuity as I had a very small amount of the fabric left.
I added a very narrow binding to the top of the quilt and attached the sleeve to it on the back.

The sleeve is not tacked down as I will hang this from a bamboo hanger. I will hand sew the lower edge of the casing.

I like interesting backs on my quilts and I also like them to relate to the front of the quilt. I think this one succeeds.

No comments: