Today was a day I needed to sew.
I headed up to the studio and was not exactly sure what I was going to work on.
I pulled out a drawer of strips I had cut, partially sewn units and some larger things I had started.
This is the piece that spoke loudest to me and I decided I would make a finished piece with it.
You can get an idea of the size by looking at the 1" grid on the cutting matt.
I have added 3 borders here. It does not look particularly interesting at this point.
After adding a fourth border I decided to add some more patchwork, echoing the center section.
You can see now the second side with patchwork added.
I decided to change course and add a section of patchwork and a section of strip pieced border for the third side. I felt this was a unifying step.
I used a variation of what I did on the third side on the fourth side.
I think this is finished. I will do some trimming and reshape the outer edge.
As usual, I will need to think about how I am going to quilt this. I have a pretty good idea as to how I will do that, but I am not so sure what color thread to use.
I just realized this would make a great puzzle so I opened the blog again and added a puzzle.