This is the 5th quilt I have pieced from the fabrics I have dyed this season.
I am finding the fabrics all play well together, but they aren't matchy matchy.
As I worked with the fabrics, some left from previous work, it developed into a piece I am quite pleased with.
This image reminded me of an Umbrella tree so I cut it to isolate it from the larger piece of fabric. The larger piece was originally a dye rag.
You might think I started with this image, but I actually started composing this from the lower edge. Many parts of it were dictated by the size of the pieces of each fabric I had. Of course I had to make it into a cohesive and attractive creation.
This piece just seems to be made for a puzzle!