I am very pleased with the results of my ice dyeing adventure. This is one of the two pieces I am sharing with you today.
Here is another one of the pieces I did. I am in love with this one too.
The only problem I ran into was that I used the tray from the golf cart under the fabrics.
When I took out the fabrics the tray was almost full of dye liquid. I scooped out liquid, but it was a slow process because the tray was so shallow.
Then I got the bright idea to put fabric in the liquid. I knew that I wouldn’t get wonderful colors, but with dyeing just about anything can be saved with overdyeing, shibori, or painting on the fabric.
The liquid looked very blue green and that is the color I was expecting.
Instead I got medium mottled reddish mahogany colors. That is because the red dyes strike first.
I may leave them as is, or I may alter them in some way.
Stay tuned as I will be sharing more results soon.