Friday, February 14, 2014

Ice Dyeing Was Successful!

image

I am very pleased with the results of my ice dyeing adventure. This is one of the two pieces I am sharing with you today.

image

Here is another one of the pieces I did. I am in love with this one too.

The only problem I ran into was that I used the tray from the golf cart under the fabrics.

When I took out the fabrics the tray was almost full of dye liquid. I scooped out liquid, but it was a slow process because the tray was so shallow.

Then I got the bright idea to put fabric in the liquid. I knew that I wouldn’t get wonderful colors, but with dyeing just about anything can be saved with overdyeing, shibori, or painting on the fabric.

The liquid looked very blue green and that is the color I was expecting.

image

Instead I got medium mottled reddish mahogany colors. That is because the red dyes strike first.

I may leave them as is, or I may alter them in some way.

Stay tuned as I will be sharing more results soon.

6 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

I'd say it was successful........what eye-catching crystalized results you acheived!

Vera Holmgren said...

I think the colors are Lovely!

Mary Valerie said...

Did you use salt? That's been a topic on the MX list.

Judi said...

Love them all

Judi said...

Love it

Robbie said...

They turned out great! Even the 'wash/wipe' up cloth!!!