Saturday, February 15, 2014

More Ice Dyed Fabrics

image

Today I am showing you some larger pieces of ice dyed fabrics. These were done on muslin.

They were in the tray beneath the screen, top fabric, ice and dye.

image

This piece, also done on the muslin has a much more limited color range and more light areas.

image

This shows more vibrant colors. It is also the largest piece. These 3 pieces vary between 1 1/4 and 1/1/2 yards.

I am thinking I may do some whole cloth pieces with these.

I was surprised how intense the colors are with this layer as they were not as close to the dye.

5 comments:

Judi said...

Beautiful

Robbie said...

WOW! Yummy for sure!!! Love this set of snow dyed fabrics!!!

Chris Daly said...

Stunning work Kay. I bought eight yards of Moda white on white with snowflake print today. I have some premixed dyes I want to use up as snowdyes. I have used Moda white on white before and it dyes like a dream.

marsha said...

wow- stunning! I love the clean clear colours you get.

Anonymous said...

Glorious colors!!