Friday, March 24, 2017

Yes, Something Is Going On!

IMG_1899
This is just a teaser showing some of the Good Stuff as I sew things together.
I still haven’t chosen a direction where I am headed but that is par for the course.
Each and every composition is a new adventure for me.
If it weren’t then why would I do it?
I can think of so many ways I could go with this.
It is an exciting and fulfilling way to work.
When I began creating quilted/pieced things years ago I did start like this.
But somewhere along the line I chose to go off on the journey of traditional quilts.
I don’t regret that journey as it allowed me to learn more about color, design and technique.
It could be said I am back where I started but this time I have the confidence. design knowledge, color mastery and access to fabrics that were not even dreamt of over 40 years ago.

5 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

Quilting sure has come a long way! I tend more toward improv than traditional.

Robbie said...

Can't wait to see what you do with this! Already it looks cool...just looks like a "Kay piece of art"!!

sonja said...

there is always something going on when you have beautiful painted/dyed fabrics to work/dream with. Wonderful enough, you already made them! i love improv too!let the fabrics take me away.....

The Inside Stori said...

No question about it….these are the colors I associated with you from so many years ago.

Robin said...

OK, now I'm excited. I have pieces that I've made like this and can't wait to see what you will do with yours. I did see this project http://www.hometalk.com/28279109/diy-magazine-silhouette-art?se=wkly-20170325&date=20170325&slg=777b7ee3acf935d7e59e38785e1d0be5-21830016&post_position=11 recently and thought it might work.